Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Why Am I Doing This?


I got involved with Team iN Training (TNT) back in January, 2007, about two years after I learned I had Type II diabetes. The condition is not terminal, but it is chronic, and I'll have it for the rest of my life. Taking care of Type II diabetes is a pain in the arse, but I knew if I stayed active enough through most of the year, I could probably keep the condition more or less stable with time.

I knew already that I liked to do long bike rides, and had been receiving LLS/TNT mailings every so often, inviting me to participate in a run, walk, triathlon, or century bike ride to fight leukemia and other blood cancers. I was pretty sure I could ride a 100-mile road course, but I wondered if I could bone up for the fund-raising well enough to get $4k together in contributions.

When I found from the Team in Training staff how to get started, I was off to the races. Since then I've expanded my circle of support, and am looking now to go further in fund-raising than I ever have each year I join the team. You can help.

Please contribute to my ride against blood cancers at Dale Graessle's Fundraising Page.

No comments: